REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
The FC 1974 Summer Camp is a 6 week technical based training camp designed and recommended for all travel soccer players that want to improve their technique. Coach Santiago Rubio will lead and instruct this extensive summer camp. All players will receive a camp t-shirt.
“Technique is not being able to juggle a ball 1,000 times... Technique is passing the ball with one touch, with the right speed, at the right foot of your team mate.”-Johan Cruyff.
Based on Spanish technique methodology. Players will be grouped per their ability level. This camp will complement the player’s soccer development in a positive and fun coaching environment focused on the player's technical needs, paced on the player’s technical development steps.
Players will improve their:
● Technique. By improving their technical weaknesses and mastering their strengths.
● Decision making. When playing small sided games and full games related to the topic.
Technical Major Topics:
Dribbling, Shielding the Ball, Receiving the ball, Attacking 1vs 1, Defending 1vs1, Defending crossing, Passing the ball, Turning, Crossing, Shooting, Heading the ball (U12 and older), Throws-in, Corner kicks, Free-kicks.
Every session players will execute multiple repetitions and will master their technical topic on a small side game. Every Friday we will apply the topic skills to a full size game. Goalkeepers are welcome, Spanish methodology develops goalkeepers foot skills. Examples of players technical deficiencies that we will improve in this camp:
● Using both feet. Increase technical ability of non-dominant feet.
● U12 players and older, introduction and improvement of heading.
● Technical ability to maintain possession under pressure.
● Finishing first touch.
● Readiness to receive the ball.
● Dribbling the ball at a high speed.
June 12-16, June 19-23, June 26-30, July 3-8, July 10-14, July 17-21-No Sessions July 4th
2016-2014 (rising u8-u10): 8:00am-10:00am
2013-2011 (rising u11-u13): 10:00am-12:00pm
2010-2008 (rising u14-u16): 12:00pm-2:00pm
Cost: $140/week or $700 for 6 weeks (pay for 5, get 6th week free)